Stijn Verbeke is lawyer at the Brussels Bar and started his career as a trainee and associate at Janson where he became partner in 2013. He holds a law degree from the KU Leuven and a master's degree in administrative law from the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
After working in other Brussels law firms (i.a. Bogaert & Vandemeulebroeke/Landwell, Loyens & Loeff), he returned to Janson in 2013. Since then, together with Jan Ghysels, he leads the Dutch-speaking part of the Public and administrative law department.
Stijn advises clients on various matters from general administrative and public law to environmental law and real estate law. He also has extensive experience in dealing with these matters in the context of mergers and acquisitions and real estate agreements and projects.
He has also built up special expertise in the field of soil law and in the field of take-back obligations and environmental policy agreements, in particular with regard to waste electrical and electronic equipment. He has also built up extensive experience in the drafting of agreements with public authorities and private companies concerning the execution of take-back obligations.
Languages: Dutch, French, English
- 08/2013 - …: Partner - Janson
- 07/2010 - 07/2013: Partner - AMBOS NBGO
- 10/2009 - 06/2010: Partner - NBGO-Lex
- 12/2003 - 10/2008: Senior Associate - Loyens & Loeff
- 2000 - 11/2003: Senior Associate - Bogaert & Vandemeulebroeke / Landwell
- 1995 - 2000: Associate - Janson
- 1994 - 1995: Master degree in administrative law, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- 1989 - 1994: Law degree, KU Leuven