Information that the attorney spontaneously communicates to his clients
Your attorney and his/her law firm
Our attorneys practise law in Belgium and are registered at the Bar of Brussels, Nivelles or Ghent. Our offices are located at the following addresses:
- 1170 Watermael Boitsfort, chaussée de la Hulpe 187
- 1400 Nivelles, rue H. Pauwels 2
- 9000 Gent, Congreslaan 27
Our attorneys practise law as members of the S.C.R.L Janson Baugniet (cooperative company with limited liability), an association as defined in the regulations of the Ordre des barreaux francophone et germanophone of 18 June 2003 concerning the practice of law. The main office is based in Brussels 1170, Chaussée de la Hulpe, 187 and is registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under corporate number 0432.711.951. You can contact our attorneys by e-mail. You can find their personal email addresses on the website of the association, at the following address: https://www.janson.be.
The primary professional civil liability (first layer) of our attorneys is insured up to EUR 1,250,000.00 by the insurance company ETHIAS (whose head office is established at 4000 Liège, rue des Croisiers, 24). This insurance has been arranged by the various Bars for the lawyer's clients. A second layer of professional civil liability insurance of up to EUR 2,000,000.00 is provided by the insurance company AIG Europe LIMITED (CHARTIS) / ETHIAS (whose head office is established at 1050 Brussels, Boulevard de la Plaine, 21). A third layer of professional civil liability insurance of up to EUR 3,250,000.00 is provided by the insurance company HDI GERLING / AIG Europe LIMITED (CHARTIS) (whose head office is established at 1150 Brussels, Avenue de Tervuren, 273/1). Finally, a fourth layer of professional civil liability insurance of up to EUR 8,000,000.00 is provided by the insurance company AON (whose head office is established at 1160 Brussels, rue Jules Cockx, 8-10). The guarantee offered by these insurance policies covers the whole world, with the exception of the United States of America and Canada, subject to the clarifications and exceptions set down in the policy liabilities.
Your attorney and his/her services
You can rely on our attorneys for the following services in particular: legal advice, conciliation and assistance with disputes before the Belgian Courts. The exact area of the services supplied by our attorneys will be specified in our initial correspondence with you. Any contract signed with our attorneys will be governed by Belgian law, and any dispute will be brought before the court in Brussels, which has exclusive competence.
For information or in case of complaints
If you wish to receive more information or make a complaint, you may contact our attorneys by post, fax, email or telephone:
- By post:
- 1170 Watermael Boitsfort, Chaussée de la Hulpe 187
- 1400 Nivelles, Rue H. Pauwels 2
- 9000 Ghent, Congreslaan 27
- By fax:
- +32 (0)2 675 30 31 (Watermael Boitsfort)
- +32 (0)67 21 72 45 (Nivelles)
- +32 (0)9 244 51 81 (Ghent)
- By email (refer to the personal email address of the concerned lawyer, as indicated at http://www.janson.be or by telephone:
- +32 (0)2 675 30 30 (Watermael Boitsfort)
- +32 (0)67 21 79 95 (Nivelles)
- +32 (0)9 240 77 20 (Ghent)
Information that the attorney communicates at the request of the client
The fee for the service
Our attorneys will determine the fee for services provided in your case on the basis discussed with you during the first information meeting, either by telephone, or physically. Depending on the nature of your request, the nature of the business, its complexity and the degree of urgency, an hourly rate, a fixed fee or a budget will be agreed.
Professional rules and codes of conduct
Being registered with the Bar of Brussels, Nivelles or Ghent, our attorneys are subject to the regulations either of the Ordre des barreaux francophones et germanophone de Belgique (OBFG), or of the Ordre van Vlaamse Balies (OVB), as well as to those of the Ordre National. The regulations of these orders can be consulted at the following websites:
- For the OBFG: http://www.avocats.be/communication.php?page=reglement
- For the OVB: http://www.advocaat.be
- For the regulations of the respective bars, see: http://www.barreaudebruxelles.be, http://www.baliebrussel.be/en, http://www.barreaudenivelles.be/Barreau_Lavocat.html, http://www.balie-gent.be
To include in every document in which the services are described in detail
Our attorneys are subject to extrajudicial regulations set out in the following codes of conduct and regulations: Code de déontologie de l'avocat 2012-2013 du Barreau de Bruxelles, Codex 2012 van de Balie van Brussel, Code de déontologie de l'avocat du Barreau de Nivelles, Arbitrageregels ereloonbetwistingen van de balie van Gent van 17 februari 2009, Codex van Balie van Gent van 1 februari 2009.
Additional information about these codes of conduct and regulations and the conditions of their application can be obtained from the following addresses:
- Les contestations d'honoraires: http://www.barreaudebruxelles.info/index.php/en/lawyers/lawyers-ethics
- Les honoraires: http://www.barreaudenivelles.be/Barreau_Lavocat.html
- Erelonen: http://www.balie-gent.be/nl/advocaten/erelonen/berekeningswijzen