Harassment Claims and Liability in the United States: An Overview for Non-U.S. Employers.
- 7 may 2019
- Conferences & Publications
Janson is pleased to invite you to the Interlaw webinar on harassment claims in the United States.
This Webinar focuses on the situation of employers from outside the United States who are not familiar with this issue.
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 8 May at 4 p.m. (CET) and is run by Kim Yourchock (Honigman Business law firm - Detroit) and Victor Cardwell (Woods Rogers - Virginia).
The webinar gives an overview of the basic rules for unlawful workplace harassment and discrimination. They will reflect on the recent trends and developments after #metoo, the impact of such behaviour on non-US companies, the cultural differences within multinational companies, the strategies and best practices.
Topics will include:
• An overview of the basics of U.S. law governing unlawful workplace harassment and discrimination
• Current trends and recent developments, including the impact of the global #metoo movement and spikes in shareholder derivative actions
• The potential impact of U.S. workplace harassment laws on non-U.S. entities
• The impact of cultural differences across companies with multi-national operations and strategies for maintaining compliance
• Best practices for companies looking at opening U.S. operations or sending employees to the U.S. to work Speaker profiles: Kim Yourchock is a partner at Honigman LLP, Interlaw’s partner firm in Detroit, Michigan, USA, and a member of the firm's Labor and Employment Law Department. Victor Cardwell is a principal at Woods Rogers, Interlaw’s representative in Virginia, USA, and Co-Chair of the firm's Labor and Employment Law Section.