Frédéric Fosseur (°1970) specialises in tax law. He advises and represents his clients in the field of direct taxes (personal income tax, corporate tax, non-resident tax) and indirect taxes (VAT, registration and inheritance tax). He has also acquired experience in the non-profit sector.
Frédéric holds a Master of Laws as well as a Master in public and international affairs (Université catholique de Louvain). He also completed a Master of Tax Law at the Ecole Supérieure des Sciences fiscales in Brussels. He regularly gives lectures on trending tax topics.
Languages: French, English
- 2001 - …: Partner - Janson
- 1997 - 2001: Associate – Stibbe Simont Monahan Duhot (Stibbe)
- 1995 - 1997: Collaborator, Centre Européen de Fiscalité (CEFI)
- 1993 - 1996: Independent import-export consultant (specialising in VAT and customs law)
- 1996 - 1997: Master of Tax Law, Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Fiscales
- 1996: Law degree, Université catholique de Louvain (cum laude)
- 1993: Master in public and international affairs, Université catholique de Louvain (magna cum laude)
Frédéric Fosseur is a speaker at various seminars and conferences, notably at the Royal Company of Chartered Accountants and Accountants of Belgium (CRECCB), the European Taxation Centre (CEFI), at social secretariats, at the Délégation des Barreaux de France...
Some of the topics covered include:
- Deduction for risk capital
- News and elements of tax procedure
- Miscellaneous income
- Double Taxation Treaties
- Analysis of the Belgian-French Double Taxation Treaty
- The tax status of the cross-border worker
- The tax status of the mobile worker: analysis of some aspects with a view to solving a practical case
- The treatment of VAT subsidies
- The issue of the right to deduct VAT in respect of mixed taxable persons